The ULTIMATE Internet Site of Games-Related Speech

Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Update: 2/24/14

HEY I'M ON READ THE MANUAL THIS WEEK SO CLICK THIS LINK: http://showmeyournews.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2554
I TALK ABOUT THE STUFF THAT I PLAYED ON THE NEXT EPISODE WHICH COMES OUT SOMETIME THIS WEEK

Anyway,
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1) First Appearance
I'm proud of myself because I was able to pick this game back up after about a month of not touching it, and I was able to get right back in! (I'll admit that I used a walkthrough to figure out where to go) Dracula's Castle in SOTN is my favorite setting in any game because the castle has so much space but still feels restrictive and navigable. I can't imagine Dracula actually living and visiting every part of the castle in any day because you need to jump in order to get most places and I'd imagine he's got pretty old joints by now. (I think Dracula can teleport anyway or at least fly which really takes away any need for him to have stairs or platforms or anything) The soundtrack gets me going every time I'm playing, making navigating the vast castle feel like less of a chore which is necessary because the castle is huge and you move around between places all the time.

ModNation Racers: Road Trip (PSV) Third Appearance
I played this on a bus and then in a building while I waited for a class to start. That's all. The track that I chose was the only user-created course I've ever downloaded and I didn't have to try very hard to win.

SimCity (SNES) First Appearance
This will take a little bit of explaining, but I'm in a French class at my college currently and I decided to try to increase my knowledge of the language by playing the French ROM of SimCity. Turns out you don't really need to be able to read anything at all in order to play SimCity at least fairly well because I don't remember how any of it went. Also, I'm not great as a city planner, so keep that in mind if you're looking to give me a job in these hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment