The ULTIMATE Internet Site of Games-Related Speech

Monday, February 17, 2014

THIS MAY AS WELL BE THE MONDAY UPDATE 2/17/14

Two weeks (actually maybe three weeks) in a row posting this shit up on a Monday is TOO MANY and I don't know what to do other than just change my whole schedule up. It'll be out on either Sunday or Monday. I'm really tired by the way, and to make up for it, I didn't play very much this week at all.

Trigger Happy Havoc: Danganronpa (PSV): First Appearance
I should have preordered this game because I ended up barely having a copy of it. Unfortunately, I didn't get as much enjoyment out of it as I thought I would. It's well written, but I don't love the premise of it too much. This is really my bad, I should have done more research and I would have found out that the style of humor is much darker than what I'm typically into. I won't really say that I don't like Danganronpa, but it's not for me.

Kung-Fu (NES): First Appearance
NOW THIS HERE IS MY SHIT
YOU'RE A DUDE AND YOU GOTTA KICK ALL THESE LITTLE DUDES WHO COME UP TO YOU AND GRAB YOU AND YOU CAN DO A JUMP KICK AND KICK THEM IN THE FACE AND THERE'S THIS ONE DUDE WHO THROWS KNIVES AT YOU AND YOU GOTTA JUMP OVER THEM AND KICK HIM IN THE FACE THEN IF YOU KILL THE ONE GUY AT THE END OF THE LEVEL YOU GO UP TO THE NEXT NE IT'S LIKE GAME OF DEATH IT'S SO COOL.

RBI Baseball (NES): First Appearance
This game defined my first month of freshman year in college somehow. I originally played it on one of those browser-emulator sites like nintendo8.com and I think I wasn't supposed to on the campus internet because they monitor that stuff but oh well. I had a 4 hour break between my first and second classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I would come back to my dorm, play RBI, and read EDSBS.com for most of those days in September. Eventually I bought a physical copy and the story ends with me, yesterday, playing RBI Baseball on my NES in my bedroom.

I was the Mets against the Twins. I ended up with a one run lead in the bottom of the ninth with them batting. I don't know how exactly it happened but they got out of the inning with one run and we went to a tenth. Nobody scored in the tenth. I think I scored one in the eleventh. Dwight Gooden went out and was replaced by someone else whose name isn't important, but the point is I think it was Gaetti who hit a Walk Off three-run home run and ended the game.

But shit, this game is great. I don't even like baseball that much for some reason but I'm actually sort of excited for this upcoming baseball season and I might go to some games actually this year which is a terrifying idea for me because I haven't been to a baseball game since 2008. I honestly owe any resurgence of baseball interest in me to RBI, actually.

---

I had built up so much steam and it all went to waste this week. It was a busy week. Next week will be different because I'm going to be on RTM and also I don't have a thousand papers and stuff due this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment