The ULTIMATE Internet Site of Games-Related Speech

Monday, February 10, 2014

S(monday)unday Update: 2/10/14

Well hey I'm late this week! Hooray!
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back(PS1): Third Appearance, Third Straight Week
FINISHED
So hey, this was a good game, and though it got very difficult near the end, I powered through and finished it off! The last few levels are nothing if not difficult, but the final boss isn't very difficult at all. This is the first Crash Bandicoot title that I ever owned, and I think I'll probably end up buying the third and first ones sooner than later. I completely recommend this to anyone with a PlayStation and a love of platforming games. There aren't many games like this, the camera following the protagonist around like it does in the Crash series.

Heart of Darkness (PS1): Fourth Appearance, Fourth Straight Week
This is probably going to end up being dropped. The last few screens are so hard and I don't think I'll be able to finish it. Maybe I'll try a little bit more this week, but who knows.

Final Fantasy VII (PS1): First Appearance
Here's one of those games I used to play on my old memory card that ended up being formatted after I broke it. We had a few days of class cancelled this week and I spent those nights playing this. I still like the story, and I'm going to continue with it.

College Slam (PS1): First Appearance
I finally found a PS1 copy of this game. It's like NBA Jam, but with NCAA teams. It's not quite as much fun because you're not allowed to use real names of players in college games, so I can't laugh at guys like Dan Majerle or Karl Malone like I do in NBA Jam. I bet you'd have more fun playing with other college kids- Actually, you probably wouldn't because everyone would want to be the same team, forget I said that.

Gran Turismo (PS1): First Appearance
Just call this NEW SHIT WEEK because it's our third straight game that we started this week. I was just bored on Friday and I played more of GT, a driving sim, than I thought I would. I'm no sports car driving sim fan, however, so I'll pick something else to play before this one next time. I still don't hate it, though.

So there's that, I didn't play anything modern this week, because with all the snow, I didn't have much reason to devote time to my 3DS or Vita.

No comments:

Post a Comment