The ULTIMATE Internet Site of Games-Related Speech

Friday, February 15, 2013

Post-Play Report: Tecmo Super Bowl

Well, push has come to shove, and last night I took a shot at Super Bowl 28 in Tecmo Super Bowl. The opponent was (as was typical at that time) the Buffalo Bills. While they started off with a ten point lead, eventually, I was able to come back and it ended like this:
For one: Reggie White dominated throughout the whole game. It shows up there that Thurman Thomas ran for only about 26 yards. Weirdly enough, one of those runs was for around 50 yards, but the rest of his attempts were stopped by Reggie White. Also, Jim Kelly was injured in the 3rd quarter and he got replaced by Frank Reich, who proceeded not to do much.

On the other end, Favre had a terrible first 2 quarters. Aside from a 60 yard or so throw to Jackie Harris (Which I assumed would be intercepted) The passing game was dismal. By quarter 3, however, I started to figure it out, and I took the lead with 2 touchdowns. It was sweet.

Admittedly, this is the first time I've ever actually won a Super Bowl in a video game. I don't play many NFL games, but this is the one that I've played the most. I've probably had the most fun with Tecmo Super Bowl out of every football based game. While I'll never call this a great sports game, (because of the rubber-band A.I.) it's still a whole lot of fun. I'd say it is better when played in multi-player than single player, though.

This game has provided me some of the most fun that a game has ever given me. Unfortunately, the later games in the series decreased in quality, (even though I did like the recent "Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff" on XBLA) but this game, if you can find it, is one of the most enjoyable football games ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment