The ULTIMATE Internet Site of Games-Related Speech

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Post-Play Report: King's Quest: Quest for the Crown

Over the past year, I've really become interested in point-and-click adventure games. With the completion of King's Quest I, I have basically completed three of the first games that people tell me to try when it comes to point-and-click games. First, I played MYST, the game typically referred to as the game that killed adventure games in the '90s. Second, I played the Secret of Monkey Island, which essentially perfected the adventure formula. As of last night, I've beaten King's Quest. The first one. King's Quest was known as one of the original great adventure games.

This should be considered one of the most important games in the history of gaming. While some of the puzzle solving was confusing, (I had to use a walkthrough for most of the game) it was still a lot of fun to get through.

While my experience in adventure gaming has never exactly been great, (my first adventure game that I really played was actually Dark Seed II, a game that I probably shouldn't enjoy as much as I do) I know what a good game looks like, and King's Quest was just that.

Also I'm terribly sorry for using a walkthrough

No comments:

Post a Comment