The ULTIMATE Internet Site of Games-Related Speech

Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday Update: 4/14/14

Well we're back, still sorry about last week, but it would have been literally one game because two weeks ago was unpredictably busy. Look out this week for the return of Old Sports Games, however.
Anyway,
RollerCoaster Tycoon (PC): First Appearance
I constantly forget about what RCT used to mean to me. It was always sort of a forbidden fruit when I was growing up, my friends had the original and RCT2 on their PCs, but I didn't know how to play games on a PC at that point, so I had to purchase it for the XBOX. Oddly enough, I was able to get into it easily despite the fact that it used the XBOX's controller rather than the traditional keyboard-and-mouse. I actually tried going back to the XBOX port a couple of years ago after playing the PC version and I couldn't figure it out at all. But that's a weird thing about playing games as a child: You can adapt to something weird much more easily.

I wrote that above paragraph so I wouldn't just gush about the game. I'm capable of doing that.

Maniac Mansion (NES): First Appearance
Everyone always told me to play the LucasArts games of old, and last year I played through The Secret of Monkey Island (Special Edition). That's one great aspect of the modern remaking trend, as I wouldn't have likely been able to try Monkey Island properly without the Special Edition remake. I know some purists didn't like the voice acting, but for a newcomer like myself, I was happy to have characters with voices, a great idea for 2009.

Anyway I bought Maniac Mansion for the NES is what I'm trying to get at. It's a good start, but I'm gonna need a while to get into it. The fact that I don't have regular access to my NES doesn't help

NBA 2K14 (XBOX 360): Fourth Appearance, Fourth Straight Appearance
I have very little to say other than the fact that I have finally figured out what to do to be successful in MyCareer. Gotta take shots and play good defense, also let other people shoot. I'm surprised by how well I'm doing in the season considering we're .500 even though Dirk and I think Devin Harris are out with injuries. Basketball.

F-Zero GX (GCN): First Appearance
Though I only played through one Cup, this is still an absolute masterpiece when it comes to racing games, especially on the Gamecube.

No comments:

Post a Comment