The ULTIMATE Internet Site of Games-Related Speech

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

TRYING TO KILL TIME WITH COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE - TEACHING AN OLD DOG TO PLAY GAMES AGAIN

FBack in late 2011, I was a huge fan of Counter-Strike: Source. I played it all the time, after school and on the weekend, and it was a main source of killing time for 16 year old me. But I quit playing it for the most part after Junior Year of high school for whatever reason. But I had like thirty minutes to kill before a date tonight so I decided, hey, why not try it out again? So I booted up Steam and got ready to play some more of an old favorite!
the fuck is this
so OKAY STEAM'S GOTTA UPDATE OR SOMETHING I DUNNO PLAN B I GUESS
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. Another time sink for when I couldn't get CS:S to play/I wanted to actually play for an extended period of time without having to sit and wait for someone else to finish up what they were playing/the 3 days that I didn't own Counter-Strike and only had Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.

Naturally, I chose the server with the most players (12 in this case, the only one with more than 10 at the moment). Half-Life 2: Deathmatch was always the Robert Griffin's Baylor to Counter-Strike: Source's Oklahoma if we're in a 2011 mindset here. CS:S was always carefully calculated, very strategic, and you'd really have to think hard and be very skilled in order to be successful. HL2, on the other hand, was just as good though very chaotic and sometimes you'd just get lucky but at other times you'd be confused as hell and die like 19 times in a row without even taking a step.
HL2 offense vs CS:S defense essentially (from SBNation)
But anyway, I got started back up right here with this:
Started Mid-Game. I don't think I ever got into that structure there in the middle

I started out well, as always

If you're me, roughly half of HL2 is dying before you get to move

This guy killed me a bunch

This guy didn't move for the whole game

Tried to use this chair as a weapon but outside of WWE they aren't great

Above View of the Map. Very hard to land on the tree

Finished not last to the guy who wasn't physically there and still only died ten times more than I did
 Game One Review: Still trying to figure out what works for me, and I realized that I wasn't good with the Magnum anymore so I pretty much used the basic machine-gun thing and the shotgun. Still, I had fun, and time was killed.

Game Two started in a much different place. For one, it was indoors
For two, there were levels!

Constant death didn't escape me, however. This time I died from a piece of metal

At this point I realized why I stopped playing video games online
 Read that chat box
mmhmm. Quality humanity from a real person who is really real. Let that sink in for a second. They probably have a job
 Probably a well paying job too

and the person on the receiving end of the abuse is a real person as well.
FINAL SCORES: SECOND TO NOT LAST PLACE also that Biceps guy left
Game 2 review: I really liked the map, much better than the first but my gilded age of gaming sorta came back, what with the whole realizing that yes, very very angry people do still play online games. My sound was actually still all the way down from when I typically played.

But this next map was great, very big with many different rooms and levels
Really big inside room

Spent a lot of time with the gravity gun interestingly enough, killed a guy with a barrel

There is a hole here, though...

And it leads to a basement. This guy stayed there and killed everyone who went down there, though

Except for me on a stupidly lucky no-scoped shot with this here crossbow

Also there's a roof

Also also I've done significantly better this time
But then I was done. So time for a final verdict:
Was Counter-Strike: Source still fun? Well not exactly
Was Half-Life 2 Deathmatch still fun? Yeah, I'd say so
Did it still hold your attention? Yes
Why did you write a post about it? Well I haven't posted since August, I think?
WHERE CAN I FIND OTHER INTERESTING WEB FUN FROM JOE BUSH

No comments:

Post a Comment